A media event can be a great way to get your message out to local press about the importance of water safety. Here are 7 steps to plan a successful media event:
- Choose and secure your venue date. Some ideas include the YMCA, library, town hall, or city or council building.
- Choose and secure a speaker who will attract the local media. Think politician, legislator, mayor, athlete, or local celebrity.
- Draft an invitee list. Some ideas include local organizations; pool operators; swim clubs; schools; camps; and pool, spa and hot tub professionals.
- Create a local media list and send invitations via emails, texts, and phone calls.
- Obtain sponsor funding.
- Order refreshments.
- Order and plan consumer giveaways.