Plan a Virtual Event
There are many ways you can host events to celebrate this special month.
Thanks to video streaming services, companies can achieve virtual event planning without geographical constraints. Here are a few tips to help you kickstart your virtual event with a remote audience.
- Understand your audience. Who are they? What do they want to learn? What are their needs?
- Define your format. Are you interested in hosting a live seminar or workshop?
- Choose a host or master of ceremonies. Consider using a professional speaker, staff member, or an industry spokesperson.
- Market your event. Use digital ads, print ads, and social media.
- Choose a venue. You can run a virtual event from anywhere, including your home, office, or even backyard pool.
- Choose a time and date. Consider conflicts and choose an appropriate time and date for your audience.
- Expand your reach. Consider live-streaming the event or parts of the event. You can also record the event and post it to YouTube and/or share via social media.
Webinar and Podcast Language
Are you running your own podcast or joining a webinar as a guest to speak about pools, hot tubs, spas, and water safety? Here are two ways to share the news about National Water Safety Month in those channels—one when you need a short mention and one where you can talk a little bit longer about #NWSM2023.
- May is National Water Safety Month! Remember to follow swimming rules so you can be safe and enjoy the water, too. For free tips and water safety resources, check out NationalWaterSafetyMonth.org.
- Nothing’s more fun on a warm day than jumping in a pool, whether you’re at home, at a local park, or at a waterpark. But while you’re having fun, remember that water safety is a serious business. May is National Water Safety Month! Remember to follow swimming rules. For free tips and water safety resources, visit NationalWaterSafetyMonth.org.
Tips for Virtual Events
Here are a few tips to help you kick start your first virtual event with a remote audience.
Understand your audience
- Who is your audience?
- What do they want?
- What are their needs?
Define your format
Choose a Host/MC
- Professional hired speaker
- Staff member
- Industry spokesperson
Market Your Event
- Digital ads
- Print ads
- Social media promotion
Choose a Venue
- An office
- Your home
- A hotel
Choose a Time or Date
- Survey your audience
- Consider what is happening around you that could cause conflicts
Expand Your Reach
- Consider live-streaming the event or parts of the event
- Record the event and post to YouTube and/or share via social media